We had our first midterm test for this course and my first
midterm test overall in my university career so far. I could not have been more
nervous because it felt as if it was a matter of life or death at that point. I
literally saw the tension and pure anticipation pasted on everyone`s faces while
awaiting entry into the examination room. The examination room itself was intimidating
due to the vastness of the room. What caught my eye was seeing the “infinite”
rows of desks placed so neatly that it seemed as if it was not even an inch out
of place. Now for sure I accepted the fact that I am not in high school
anymore.
Having the midterm test placed in front of me waiting to be
opened, was the most anticipating feeling because everyone wants to know if the
material inside would make us or break us. Once I opened the booklet, the
structure of the test was almost identical to the sample test we were given
before the midterm. I was happy at first and then realized that I should have
just written the sample test as my cheat sheet. As I was going through the first
question, I definitely had an idea how to tackle the question since I studied
the sample test.
Unfortunately for me, I had moments of self-doubt and changed
my answers in which I believe was the biggest mistake I made. From assignment
1, I had learnt a lot but I allowed my nerves to get the best of me after a
long time of writing examinations. However, I have learnt from this experience
by understanding that there will be moments of self-doubt in examinations
sometimes, but learn to have confidence in the materials you have studied. Yes,
I am disappointed in myself, however, I know that there will be other opportunities
in this course in which I can make up for my lost marks.
Share your
exam experience and comment below!
No comments:
Post a Comment